1. The CDC will have registration on August 11, 2016 from 4:00-5:30. You can pick up an admission packet at Central Office earlier or pick it up when you come for registration. This will be the day you can bring your child’s items and leave all completed paperwork and a copy of shot records. We need paperwork before August 15 when you leave your child at the CDC. Your child may visit their room on the 11th and meet their teacher. If you are not able to come on August 11th, you may email your paperwork to the CDC. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please sign on the back of the first page of your child’s admission packet that your child has seen a doctor within the last year. Take the Physician Statement page out of the packet and have your doctor sign it when you can. (The Physician Statement page is a separate page.)
3. CDC Staff will start back on August 3 with setting up their classrooms and training. We will be off campus at times and busy
preparing to start with your children on August 15th.
4. I check email, phone messages, and mail a few times each week. Please contact me if you need registration packets or anything else.
5. The cafeteria will not open until school aged children return to school on August 22nd. CDC children will need to bring their lunch each day until the cafeteria opens. Your child will need snacks, juice, and milk until the cafeteria opens. We ask that you sign up to bring a snack to feed their class at least once, or bring a snack for your child each day.
A sign up sheet will be posted on my office door. We find the children eat better when they are served the same snack and not asking for what their friend brought from home. Once the cafeteria opens on August 22, we will be serving two snacks and lunch daily, except
6. If your child receives an antibiotic, please have the doctor prescribe the medication for twice a day. It is best if you are responsible for giving medication to your child at home or early morning treatments.
7. If your child visits the doctor, please bring a note upon returning so we know the child is able to return to the CDC.
8. If your child needs Tylenol while in our care, we will need a note from the doctor telling us the dosage by weight if the child is 2 years old or younger. We will need a note to keep in your child’s records from their doctor. Fax number: 512-365-7112 Please mark “CDC”.
9. No other over-the-counter drugs can be given by CDC staff.
10. Please make arrangements now with a friend or relative to keep your child in case he is sick and unable to attend the CDC. There might be times when you are not able to leave to pick him up or unable to stay home when he is sick. Make arrangements now with someone you trust. Licensing will not allow children running 100.4 or more temperature, uncontrollable diarrhea, or children that might be contagious to other children to be here.
11. The older children use a beach towel for nap time. We recommend brining 2 towels with the same print, so your child will have one towel while you take one home to wash on Friday. This way they aren’t upset
because the towel is gone. Some children enjoy a small pillow, also.
Please mark your child’s belongings.
12. Bring a large bag of Huggies Natural Care unscented wipes (180 size) for your child. These will be used for diaper changing, face clean-up, and while doing art project clean-up.
13. Bring 2 boxes of Kleenex for your child. We will ask for more during the year, if needed.
14. Bring diapers, formula, bottles, water, and food for your infant. We have baby blankets and bibs. Once the infant is on table food, we will supply the meals and snacks.
15. Bring 2 complete changes of clothing for your child to keep at school in their cubby. Put each complete set in a zip-lock bag with your
child’s name on it. If your child is potty training, you may want to
bring more clothing and you will need to replenish clothing daily. Sometimes an extra pair of shoes and socks is needed, also.
16. Sign your child in and out each day in your child’s classroom notebook as you drop off or pick up your child. This is very important.
17. Check your child’s cubbies each day. Notes, dirty clothing, art, and other information will be placed in the cubbies each day for you.
18. I will keep in touch by email once school starts since this saves time and money. Please give me your email if you don’t have a Taylor ISD email address. If you are a new employee, please email me once you get your email address and I will add you to the CDC Parents Group.
20. Bring your child in “play clothes” or risk his nicer clothing being ruined. We will be having a lot of fun painting, playing, and experiencing lots of fun things.
21. Label your child’s items with first name and last initial. All cups and bottles must be labeled.
22. We have a lot of fun activities planned for the school year! We look forward to seeing you August 11 at registration, from 4:00-5:30 p.m. Registration packets are available at Central Office, 3101 N. Main St. Ste. 104.
JoAnn Barcak email@example.com
CDC Program Director 512-365-8562 ext 8141