Taylor ISD Families,
We've had a tremendous start to the school year! I've enjoyed so many great conversations with students, staff, families, and community members over the last few weeks. I am so proud of the work our staff, students, and parent volunteers are doing to build the district our community deserves.
One question I've routinely heard is about the safety and security of our campuses. I want to be clear: There is nothing more important than keeping our students and staff safe.
This year, Taylor ISD has taken multiple steps to ensure a safe environment in all of our buildings. These include:
- Partnering with the Taylor Police Department to have a routine presence at all of our schools
- Hiring additional staff to monitor hallways at Taylor High School
- Daily check of exterior door locks at every school
- Daily check of interior door locks at every school
- Conducting a security audit of the district to meet the recommendations of the State of Texas
- Requiring all visitors to stop at the front entrance and ring camera-bell prior to entering the office
- Monthly practice of drills to prepare our response to an intruder
Additionally, the 2022 School Bond up for election in November would provide significant safety updates to every school in Taylor ISD to protect our students and staff. You can read more about here.
We will also be sharing more ways kids and parents can report their concerns about school, including bullying. If you do not feel comfortable reaching out to the school or district office directly, you can anonymously report concerns here: https://tinyurl.com/taylorconcerns
Lastly, in an effort to continue to improve the quality and safety of our schools, we ask all parents to give us their feedback through the survey below. We will use the feedback to improve how the service we provide our families and community.
I sincerely appreciate your support of our staff and your involvement in the learning of our students.