Student Arrival, Dismissal & Transition
We are asking parents of TISD to assist campus staff in the arrival and dismissal plans. When transporting and walking children to school, please follow all signage, drop-off/pick-up of children at the appropriate locations and quickly exit the area.
- Parent/guardian will not be permitted to walk students inside the school building beyond the secure vestibule.
- Car or bus riders (arrival & dismissal) will have separate entrance/exit.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed at entry/exit points.
- Each group of students will be directed to a designated location prior to the start of school (homeroom or first period).
- To limit the size of student groupings, all areas of the campus will be utilized (common areas, cafeteria, gym, library, etc.).
- Staff reporting times may be adjusted to supervise students.
- Non-classroom staff duties will be adjusted for additional duties.
- Transition time of students will be limited as much as possible. When possible, teachers will rotate into classrooms.
- During transitions, students will walk to the right of the corridor as much as possible. As much as possible, one-way traffic will be established. No transition will interrupt the use of exits in case of an emergency.
- Restroom occupancy will be monitored to comply with regulations and social distancing.
- Campuses will implement staggered release procedures.
- Students will be released directly from their classroom for departure.