Extracurricular & Student Organization Activities
Extracurricular/Cocurricular activities, practices and competitions will be conducted following safety protocols provided by TISD, the University Interscholastic League (UIL), and the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Additionally, we will follow all State and County Executive Orders. This will include health screening, group sizes, sharing and sanitizing of equipment and instruments, locker room and band hall usage, etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in gym areas and equipment will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Locker room use will be determined by TEA/UIL. If locker rooms can be accessed, all locker room space will be utilized to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Bus travel will follow transportation guidelines provided by TISD and TEA.
- Spectator attendance at games and contests may be limited based on TEA and UIL guidelines.
- Ticketing for events may be utilized to control capacity of facilities.
- Event procedures will be in place to minimize face-to-face interactions.
- Separate entrances and exits may be utilized.
- Spectator seats may be marked and/or configured in a way to enforce social distancing.
- Concessions and/or concession sales will be limited to encourage social distancing and to follow health and safety guidelines.
- Hand washing or hand sanitation stations will be available for any activity.
- Students may participate as traditional learners or be an online learner (must attend all practices).