Child Nutrition » Payment and Refund Info

Payment and Refund Info

Payments and Refunds Information

You may add funds to your student’s food service account by sending cash or a check to your school cafeteria made out to Taylor ISD Food Service or by credit card at There is a minimal transaction fee to add money to a student’s account utilizing the online service, but there is no charge to set up low balance alerts or to view account activity.

Each student is assigned a Food Service Pin #. Students will either need to key in this number or swipe the barcode on their student ID to purchase meals or snacks in the school cafeteria. If you need your students Food Service PIN #, please call the Child Nutrition Dept. 512-352-6361 x1720

Frequently Asked Questions


How much are meals?
Elementary $2.65 and Secondary $3.15 

How can I pay for my student’s meals?

You can visit your school cafeteria or give the money to your student to pay with either cash or check. The cafeteria staff will apply the funds provided directly into your students meal fund account. If paying by check, please make it payable to Taylor ISD Food Service, include your driver’s license number, phone number and add your student’s name and school ID number to the memo field of the check.

Or you can pay online with a credit card, debit card or draft from your checking account via payment transaction service. A transaction fee of $2.49 per transaction will be applied. Visit or download their app on your smartphone.

Accounts through MySchoolBucks are free. There is only a fee to perform an online money transaction. Transactions made through the school cafeteria are free of charge.  

How is a student meal fund account created?

All students within Taylor ISD are assigned a student ID number. This number is used in the cafeteria as their meal account number.  You may place money into the account and it will only be used for meal purchases or you may send money each day with your student.

Is the money I deposit for school meals held by MySchoolBucks?

No, MySchoolBucks is a payment transaction service, similar to PayPal. All student meal funds are held by the school district in a secure account specifically for school meals.

How much money should I deposit into my student’s meal fund account?

Meal pricing is as follows:

  • Elementary – Breakfast $0.00, Lunch: Reduced $0.40 Full Pay $2.60
  • Secondary – Breakfast $0.00, Lunch: Reduced $0.40 Full Pay $3.10
  • A la carte items such as chips, drinks, an extra entrée, extra sides and ice cream are priced individually.

Depending on the frequency your student will be participating in the school meal program, you may pay day by day or deposit enough money to accommodate their meals for the week, month or entire school year.

What happens if my student’s meal fund account doesn’t have any money in it?

A student can bring cash each day to pay for meals. They are not required to deposit money and use their school meal fund account. However, when the student has a low balance or exhausted the funds in their meal account a note will be sent home.  If you open a MySchoolBucks account you can set low balance reminders that will be emailed to you.

If a student does not have lunch money available, they are allowed to charge up to 5 meals. Should unpaid charges accumulate past the 5 meal charge policy, the student's entree will be replaced with a cheese sandwich at no charge as long as the student takes a fruit or vegetable. The cheese sandwich will be offered as a daily entree for all students to select if they so choose.

Is MySchoolBucks secure?

My School Bucks adheres to the strictest security standards for online payments. As a service of Heartland School Solutions, a division of Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), they’ve got the support, security, resources, and expertise of the nation’s 5th largest payment processor, responsible for more than $80 billion in transactions annually.

What happens to the balance if my student leaves the district or Graduates?

To obtain a refund, call Angelica Cazalas 512-352-6361 x1720 or email